Post-holiday meats tend to take up space in the fridge, and there’s only so many ham sammies we can bear! So I try to mix things up when it comes to using up all the meats and leftover goodies.
If you haven’t caught on, I like to make one-dish or one-pot meals here at Joyfullydwell. It really does take the stress out of washing multiple dishes …and throwing tasty ingredients together is kinda my thing. Breakfast is also my fave… and an easy meal to throw leftover foods together and most of the time it works!
Well, here’s a yummy dish that definitely worked and it’s worth sharing. The key ingredient in this yummy breakfast casserole is pimento cheese. Pimento cheese if you’ve never had the pleasure of eating is a delicious mixture of cheese, mayonnaise and pimentos used in Southern cuisine. Many eat it as a spread or dip to eat with crackers or on toast. The one I get has a nice kick to it because it has jalapeños. If your pimento mixture doesn’t have jalapeños, don’t worry, you can always toss in chopped pickled jalapeños to taste!
- 1 lb frozen tater tots
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup jalapeño pimento cheese (or 1 cup pimento cheese and 1/2 cup diced pickled jalapeños)
- 1 cup leftover ham, bacon, sausage
- Handful of chopped chives
- Sprinkling of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Butter a rectangular baking dish
- Line baking dish with frozen tater tots
- Dollop jalapeño pimento evenly over tater tots
- Disperse diced meats over tots
- In a separate bowl, scramble eggs with milk and pour over tots, cheese and meats
- Sprinkle with chives and salt and pepper, if desired
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the dish no longer jiggles hehe