Overnight oatmeal has become a popular breakfast choice as of late. I’m not much of an oatmeal fan, but I thought if it’s so popular, it must be good, so I gave this it a try. I’m glad I did! It’s simple, easy and can be made in bulk batches to eat throughout the week. I prefer this to any oatmeal I’ve ever tried. It’s tasty and I like that it’s nutritious and filling but also tastes a bit like I’m eating dessert.
To assemble 5 jars you will need:
- 2 cups oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (regular or Greek)
- 2 tbs flaxseed (optional)
- 2 tbs chia seeds (optional)
- honey to drizzle
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries for the top (I used frozen organic blueberries)
Divide the ingredients among the jars to combine. Give it a stir with a spoon, or a good shake with the lid on. Place in the refrigerator. Eat the next morning, and throughout the week!