Chili and cornbread is one of our faves around here. I wanted to change it up a bit and try out a gluten-free cornbread recipe while making the muffins for dinner. It did not disappoint! Recipe below.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup cornflour (masa harina)
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar (or substitute)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Sift the dry ingredients together into mixing bowl. Stir in the beaten eggs, buttermilk and melted shortening.
- Pour into greased or lined muffin cups. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Yields 12 cornbread muffins.